This tutorial provides the steps to design a Custom template for single pages having features - header with hero title, sidebar having a menu with description and footer design with a different layout in the Genesis Sample.
This tutorial could be very useful for those who are interested in working templates and sidebars.
Here, What we are going to do.
- Output Featured Image and reposition Post title. (Header section) and SUBTITLE
- Output description for Menu items contains Pages and SubPages (Primary Sidebar)
- Page Layout will be Primary Sidebar + Content.
- Footer Layout will contain 3 WIDGET AREA with width of 25%, 50% and 25%.
FOOTER 1 (25%) = 1. Image Widget 2. Menu Widget (Name it footer1menu)
FOOTER 2 (50%)= Drag 2 OR 4 Menu Widget. Each widget will get about 50% having two widgets in 1 line.
FOOTER 3 (25%) = 1 Menu Widget.
- Site Footer will contain 1. Text Widget in left and 2. Simple social Icons Widget in right.
- Transparent site header with absolute positioning.
- The header will remain the same with the white background.
- The primary sidebar will be on top, Content will be below.
We are going to break the tutorial in 3 sections having multiple steps for each.
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.