WordPress includes comments and users features which are definitely a good boost in productivity and branding.
Comments are a great way to communicate with your users on your site. Comments make it easy for a user to leave their options, questions, and feedback about a post.
You can manage your site by visiting “Comments” >>
All (21) | Pending (2) | Approved (11) | Spam (8) | Trash (0)
This is how it looks like. You need to check if the comments are relevant to your post and have a proper email and name. Most of the time, you will see spam comments. You can simply mark it a spam if the comment is not written for your site.
Installing a security plugin like “Shield Security” helps you to keep your site secure and spam free.
Users option gives you the facility to add more users in your WordPress site. You can add a user from “Users” >> Add new.
A user can get the following role in your site
1. Subscriber – Subscribers are the basic users who are who love your site and is your regular visitors.
It could be your free or paid member having an account on your site. Subscriber option is great if you want to provide additional benefits to your members.
2. Contributor – This option is great if you accept a variety of posts on your site. Contributors can contribute their contents in your site.
It is recommended to check if the contributed contents are for you and not for their benefits.
3. Author – Authors are a great way to feature more writers on your site. AN author can write a post and can publish it.
It is always recommended to add authors after verifying their identity. An author has the ability to do bad about your site.
4. Editor – An editor can edit your existing post, update it and add extra information to your old posts.
5. Administrator – An admin will have same rights as you have in your site. This means he can control all other options and can delete other users excluding the Super admin.
It is recommended to have only one Admin for a site which is already you.
Let me know if you have any question about it.